top of page
  • judym76

Insurance: Will my insurance pay for chiropractic care?

There are several ways to check on your coverage. First and foremost, we always recommend calling the phone number on the back of your card to check eligibility. Certain insurances even have a way to check online. For example, do you have Blue Cross Blue Shield, and would you like to know if Dr. Judy is in your network? You can click this link: BCBS Eligibility and put in your zip code and the first three letters of your member ID and check! What about Medicaid? We are in network with both Amerigroup and Iowa Total Care, and they do pay for your chiropractic adjustments! Let’s talk Medicare. Chiropractic Care is covered under your Part B coverage. Medicare Part B alone will cover 80% of your visit and your supplement will cover the remaining 20% if you’ve met your Part B deductible for the year. “What is my Part B deductible?” is a common question we get. The first $203 of Medicare approved Part B charges each year is your responsibility. Now this is ANYTHING MEDICAL, NOT HOSPITAL (as that would fall under Part A). This deductible is not specific to our office. Let’s say you go in for your annual medical physical with your primary physician, often times, that one visit alone will meet your deductible for the year. Again, you can always call the number on the back of your Medicare card to confirm if you have met your Part B deductible. Regardless of what your insurance is, even if you are working towards a deductible, you still may qualify for a discount. We are in network with a variety of insurances and often you will get an “in-network” discount. Insurance can certainly be confusing, and at times frustrating, but we are here to help in any way we can!

7 views0 comments


bottom of page